NETGEAR INTRODUCES NEW NIGHTHAWK ROUTER WITH AC2300 WIFI TO TAKE YOUR MOBILE STREAMING FASTER AND FARTHER
Upgrade your home network with Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO technology to faster AC2300 WiFi speeds with improved mobile connections
SAN JOSE, California. — December 6, 2016 — NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), the leading provider of networking devices that power today’s smart home, is releasing a new, improved edition of its award-winning, entry-level Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router. The new Nighthawk® AC2300 Smart WiFi Router (R7000P) has all the innovative features of the original Nighthawk, but now offers faster AC2300 WiFi and MU-MIMO technology to enable improved performance and blazing-fast speeds when simultaneously streaming to multiple devices.
Built with gaming, streaming, and mobile devices in mind, this new gigabit WiFi router supports MU-MIMO for simultaneous streaming and delivers faster speeds so you enjoy less lag and less buffering. New-generation WiFi technology increases your WiFi coverage while reducing dead spots. Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router has Beamforming+ and built-in high-powered amplifiers and external antennas for improved performance over the previous generation Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router (R7000). Access and control your router remotely using features such as NETGEAR genie® remote access, ReadyCLOUD®, OpenVPN®, and Kwilt™ app. And with the new NETGEAR Up app, you’ll be online in a matter of minutes, as it provides fast intuitive installation from the convenience of any Android or iOS mobile device.
“Our original Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router was a PC Magazine Editor’s Choice for its great throughput, excellent range, and wonderful QoS, all attributes of our new Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router,” said Sandeep Harpalani, senior director of NETGEAR product marketing for Home Consumer Products. “If you’re still hanging onto your old Wireless-N WiFi router, your network simply can’t keep up with the heavy streaming demands of the multiple devices the average home now supports, nor can it support your WiFi devices as far in and around your home. The new Nighthawk is a giant step up in terms of speed and capabilities, yet still affordable for cost-conscious families. Do your family a favor and start off the New Year with a new, improved home network.”
Top Technical Features:
- AC2300 WiFi provides up to 1625+600 Mbps* wireless speed of 802.11ac WiFi
- Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) for simultaneous streaming to multiple devices
- Powerful 1GHz Dual Core Processor for better video streaming, lag-free gaming, surfing, and more
- Dynamic QoS for prioritizing network traffic by application and device
- Smart Connect for intelligently selecting the fastest WiFi band for every device
- High-Performance Antennas for better WiFi coverage and faster speeds
- Two USB Ports, one (1) USB 3.0 and one (1) USB 2.0, for faster streaming, backup and easy access to your stored media
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports — Five (5) 10/100/1000 Mbps (1 WAN and 4 LAN) for fast wired connections for devices such as NETGEAR ReadyNAS® Network Attached Storage
- NETGEAR genie® app, a home network manager with remote access, for managing your network away from home
- NETGEAR Up app for easily installing your router using an optimized mobile app experience
- NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD® USB Access for enjoying personal and secure cloud access to USB storage anytime, anywhere
- NETGEAR ReadySHARE® Vault, free software for automatically backing up your PC to a USB hard drive connected to the router
- Kwilt™ App for viewing and sharing your photos from attached storage, public cloud, and social feeds in one place
- Enhanced Parental Controls for managing website access by family member and by device
- VPN Support for securing access to your home network and Internet when you’re away from home using any of your devices – PC, Mac®, and mobile devices with Android® and iOS apps
- Beamforming+ for improving range and performance for both 2.4 and 5GHz devices
- Open Source software available at https://www.myopenrouter.com/
Pricing and Availability
The new Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router (R7000P) is available now from major retailers at an MSRP in the U.S. of only $199.99.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQ: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. The Company's products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless (WiFi and LTE), Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The product line consists of wired and wireless devices that enable networking, broadband access and network connectivity. These products are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region in which the Company's products are sold. Netgear products are sold in approximately 28,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 27,000 value-added resellers, as well as multiple major cable, mobile and wireline service providers around the world. The company's headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in approximately 25 countries. More information is available from the NETGEAR investor page or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR on Twitter and Facebook.
©2016 Netgear, Inc. Netgear, the Netgear logo, NETGEAR genie, Nighthawk, ReadyNAS, ReadyCLOUD and ReadySHARE are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder(s). The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Netgear shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All rights reserved.
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specifications. AC2300 equals 600Mbps at 2.4GHz 802.11n with 256 QAM support + 1625Mbps at 5GHz 802.11ac. Up to 1625Mbps wireless speeds achievable when connecting to other 802.11ac 1625Mbps devices. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate and wireless coverage. NETGEAR makes no express or implied representations or warranties about this product’s compatibility with any future standards.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for Netgear, Inc.: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Specifically, statements concerning NETGEAR’s business and the expected performance characteristics, specifications, reliability, market acceptance, market growth, specific uses, user feedback and market position of Netgear's products and technology are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the following: the actual price, performance and ease-of-use of Netgear's products may not meet the price, performance and ease-of-use requirements of customers; product performance may be adversely affected by real world operating conditions; failure of products may under certain circumstances cause permanent loss of end user data; new viruses or Internet threats may develop that challenge the effectiveness of security features in Netgear's products; the ability of Netgear to market and sell its products and technology; the impact and pricing of competing products; and the introduction of alternative technological solutions. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect Netgear and its business are detailed in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Netgear undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
Global Press RelationsGeneral Press Inquiries - Worldwidepressrelations@netgear.com408 890 3889