5-port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switches
NETGEAR ProSAFE 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch (GS105)
The NETGEAR® ProSAFE® Gigabit Unmanaged Switch series helps businesses cost-effectively expand their network to Gigabit speeds and higher port counts. The GS105 Gigabit Ethernet switches come with 5 Gigabit copper ports in a desktop metal case and are wall-mountable. These switches are energy efficient, built to last, and rigorously tested to provide the reliability businesses need. 802.1p traffic prioritization and jumbo frame support allow for seamless integration with more sophisticated networks.
Plug and Play
- The standards-based ProSAFE Gigabit switches senses and adjusts for network speed and cabling type automatically. Easily integrates into your existing Ethernet network - no matter if it is running at 10/100Mbps or Gigabit speed
- Simple set up with no software or configuration needed
- Front panel LEDs keep you informed of power status, link speed and link activities
- Prioritize mission-critical applications such as voice and video Support IEEE 802.1 p and DSCP-based QoS for delivering data based on priority and type
High Quality and Reliable Performance
- Superior network performance at non-blocking rate delivers true Gigabit speed with no compromise
- Durable metal case and long product life (shown by MTBF numbers)
- Both GS105 and GS108 support the latest Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption when there is light traffic on an active ports or when there is no link or no activity detected. It can further save energy when a short cable (<100m) is used. Energy savings lead directly to cost savings in operation
- Industry’s leading lifetime warranty, not only on hardware but also include lifetime online support as well as next-business day (NBD) replacement support, providing customers peace-of-mind using NETGEAR switches in their network.
- ProSafe 5-port Gigabit Desktop Switches connect your network with the dual advantages of performance and convenience
- Fast, auto-switching Ethernet connection integrates 10, 100, and 1000 Mbps devices into
- your network
- Supports Windows® and Macintosh® platforms
- LEDs make it easy to monitor link, speed, and activity
- AutoUplink™ technology automatically adjusts for two common types of cables
- Compact metal case for desktop or wall mounting
Sturdy and Reliable Design
NETGEAR's GS100 series desktop switches are housed in a compact sturdy metal case designed without the need for internal fans, keeping operation both silent and more reliable. It can be placed on a flat surface or you can use the included wall mount kit to hide it away on the wall.
Simple Setup and Stellar Performance
Plug in your Ethernet cables and connect a power cord, and you're ready to go. There is no software to install or settings to configure. The switch features auto-sensing ports which automatically obtains the fastest possible connection. There are no toggle switches or special crossover cables. The switch will honor priority tags at both the Layer 2 and Layer 3 level if you have your network set to support jumbo frames.
Every port supports up to 2000 Mbps in dedicated bandwidth. Automatic flow control ensures smooth traffic. There is a queue buffer memory of 12 kbytes per port and a MAC address database size of 4,000. The switch has status LEDs for power, and link, speed, and activity for each port.
The NETGEAR GS105 ProSafe 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch has a Mean Time Between Failure of 91,500 hours and is backed by a lifetime warranty. The power adapter is backed by a 2-year warranty.
Model Number: GS105
- ProSafe 5-port Gigabit Desktop Switch (GS105)
- Wall-mount kit
- AC adapter
- Installation guide
- Warranty/support information card
Speed: 10/100Mbps Gigibit Ethernet
Number of Ports: 5
PoE ports: N/A
Total PoE Budget: N/A
Loop Detection: N/A
Short Cable Power Saving: N/A
Energy Efficient Ethernet Support (IEEE802.3az): Yes
Jumbo Frame Support: Yes
Queue WRR Ratio: 1:2:4:8
MAC Table Size: 4K
Packet Buffer Size: 1.28MB
IEEE802.1p QoS: N/A
Dimensions (WxDxH) @mm: 99x102x27
Weight (kg): 0.264
Max Power Consumption: 3.67W
Max Operating Temperature: 50C
MTBF (hours): 8,815,772
FCC Class: B
- This product is backed by a NETGEAR limited ProSAFE® Lifetime Hardware Warranty.
ProSupport Lifetime 24x7 Advanced Technical Support. (Remote diagnostics performed by our technical experts for prompt resolution of technical issues).
Global Press RelationsGeneral Press Inquiries - Worldwidepressrelations@netgear.com408 890 3889